The PHRA job postings
The Pennsylvania Horse Racing Association (PHRA) believes in providing equal employment opportunities to men and women of all races, religious beliefs and orientations.
The PHRA currently does not have any available positions.
Industry job postings
Director of Marketing, The Meadows Standardbred Owners Association, Washington, PA
The Director of Marketing, Promotions and Loyalty for the Meadows Standardbred Owners Association should lead a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategy designed to build a large database of potential fans from around the region, country and world, develop a range of marketing and betting promotions opportunities to engage them, and manage all communications channels to retain those fans and grow handle, including: e-mail and text message promotions, website, social media and in-person wagering events, as well as planning and managing public relations including track events and tours. The Director of Marketing, Promotions and Loyalty should have a minimum of 2 years of diverse marketing and business development experience in the harness racing field. He or she should coordinate, publicize and staff targeted wagering or community outreach events, report ROI, as well as evaluate and make improvements to the fan experience. The candidate must be knowledgeable about industry trends and function as an advisor to the marketing committee. The candidate should work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external agencies to foster track growth.
Capabilities should include:
- Working knowledge of horse racing industry
- CRM database management, e-mail and text message marketing experience
- Demonstrated business development, loyalty, and rewards projects
- Event organization, event promotion, and budgeting experience
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- The ability to manage interdisciplinary marketing and business development functions
- Familiarity working with agencies, designers, writers, and creative staff
- The ability to assess the current structure of the fan experience and fan base, and determine areas for growth, improvement, and efficiency
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the marketing of professional services and communications
- Development and implementation of brand strategy; including focused campaigns, events, digital marketing, and public relations
- Knowledge of website content production, social media management and digital analytics
Interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.
Hanover Shoe Farms, Hanover, PA
Hanover Shoe Farms, Inc., Greatest Name in Harness Racing, is seeking experience yearling grooms to assist with 8-week yearling sale prep from Sept. 12th thru Nov. 9th, 2022. Applicants must have extensive horse experience and be able to travel to Sales.
• daily care of a string of 6 yearlings including stall cleaning, grooming, feeding, watering, leading to exercise machines.
• excellent grooming skills- must be able to pick up all four feet and paint with hoof oil, wash white socks, manes and tails, and do thorough daily grooming to bring out the shine in every horse.
• excellent horse handling skills- must be able to safely lead horses to show paddocks and present to customers in a professional manner at the farm and sale.
• this is a seven day a week job during this time period and requires dedication to the care of horses.
• team spirit and professional attitude will be rewarded with a generous end of season bonus and possibility of full-time compensation package for those qualifying to stay on year-round.
• Housing and travel expenses covered.
Click here to apply.
Hollywood Casino at The Meadows, Washington, PA
There is an immediate opening for an outrider. This is a full-time position with benefits.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
– Enforce the Pennsylvania Rules of Racing while on the racecourse, writing reports of all violations that take place while on duty.
– Maintain safety of the track and verify that all safety equipment required to be worn by those entering the racetrack for exercising or racing is being worn.
– insure that all horses arrive at the starting gate at the designated time for post time for each race.
– Catch any loose horses on the track while on duty.
– Approve all applicants wishing to obtain a license to exercise or pony horses on the racetrack.
– Provide professional representation at internal and external meetings and events.
– Demonstrate abilities to meet performance expectations with Communications, initiative/Problem Solving, Guest Service/interpersonal Relations, Work Habits and Conduct, and Responsible Gaming/Business Ethics.
– Ensure interactions with internal and external guests follow the guidelines of the customer service program.
– Adhere to all Corporate and local policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
– Lead completion of daily tasks within the department or work unit
– interact with others when necessary to achieve desired outcomes
Click here to apply.
The second opening is for an identifier, and while applications are being accepted now, the job will be opening in September after the retirement of a longtime employee. This is also a full-time position with benefits.
– Responsible for checking the identification of all horses coming into the paddock, to include the tattoo or freeze/brand, color, and any markings; reports any discrepancies to the Paddock Judge. – Checks the identification of all horses scheduled to compete on a daily basis. – Checks the identification of all horses scheduled to compete in qualifiers. – Maintains weekly records of equipment used on horses. – Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned. – Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
Click here to apply
Harrah’s Philadelphia, Chester, PA
Harrah’s Philadelphia is seeking an outrider for the 2022 racing season that beings on April 3. Interested individuals should call 484.490.1770 for more information.
Give your passion a job title
Apply below for the chance to work beside thousands of passionate Pennsylvanians in the horse racing and horse breeding industries. We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals across an array of disciplines.