The PHRA job postings
The Pennsylvania Horse Racing Association (PHRA) believes in providing equal employment opportunities to men and women of all races, religious beliefs and orientations.
The PHRA currently does not have any available positions.
Industry job postings
Seasonal Standardbred Yearling Groom
Hanover Shoe Farms, Inc., Greatest Name in Harness Racing, is seeking experience
yearling grooms to assist with 9-week yearling sale prep from Sept. 11th thru Nov. 16th,
2023. Applicants must have extensive horse experience and be able to travel to Sales.
daily care of a string of 6 yearlings including stall cleaning, grooming, feeding,
watering, leading to exercise machines.
- Excellent grooming skills- must be able to pick up all four feet and paint with hoof
oil, wash white socks, manes and tails, and do thorough daily grooming to bring
out the shine in every horse.
- Excellent horse handling skills- must be able to safely lead horses to show
paddocks and present to customers in a professional manner at the farm and
- This is a seven day a week job during this time period and requires dedication to
the care of horses.
- Team spirit and professional attitude will be rewarded with a generous end of
season bonus and possibility of full-time compensation package for those
qualifying to stay on year-round.
Housing and travel expenses covered up to $1,000.
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Stop by, call, or visit our website for an application:
Hanover Shoe Farms
2310 Hanover Pike
Hanover, PA 17331
Hollywood Casino at The Meadows, Washington, PA
There is an immediate opening for an outrider. This is a full-time position with benefits.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
– Enforce the Pennsylvania Rules of Racing while on the racecourse, writing reports of all violations that take place while on duty.
– Maintain safety of the track and verify that all safety equipment required to be worn by those entering the racetrack for exercising or racing is being worn.
– insure that all horses arrive at the starting gate at the designated time for post time for each race.
– Catch any loose horses on the track while on duty.
– Approve all applicants wishing to obtain a license to exercise or pony horses on the racetrack.
Give your passion a job title
Apply below for the chance to work beside thousands of passionate Pennsylvanians in the horse racing and horse breeding industries. We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals across an array of disciplines.